EMU Day for Band Students

Staring at the empty stands, the whole band turns their heads as a player collapses from the fast-paced, cold day. This was the Eastern Michigan University day for the Band Students. The band played at the EMU halftime, practicing for three and a half hours with eighteen other bands.

Despite the cold, the day at E.M.U. was a success. The band practiced all day before playing at halftime during the game against Central Michigan. “It was overwhelming with people looking at you, and it was great to see and meet other people who love band, and there were about 1400 other band students there,” said alto sax player Breanna Ladiski.

“It was fun,” said the lone Ovid-Elsie tuba player Kyle Wendling.

” It was big, there were lots of people, it was cold, and I wanted to leave. My favorite part was playing on the field in front of people,” said trombone player Dolan Hooker. The band rode the bus over to the university before practicing for the half-time show. Once they finished playing, the band sat down to watch the football game of Eastern Michigan University Eagles vs. Central Michigan University Chippewas.