Best Christmas Movies

Elf, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, It’s a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown, Prep& Landing, Frosty the Snowman, The Nativity, etc., etc. What do these all have in common? They’re all Christmas movies!

Which movies do you think are the best Christmas movies? Why? “The best Christmas movies are ones that show the true meaning of Christmas (family, friends, giving, etc.) My favorite is It’s a Wonderful Life.” said senior Cameron Freeman.

“The Sound of Music. While it’s not a Christmas story, it is traditionally on TV during the Christmas season, and I have watched it almost every year since I was a little girl. And now I watch it with my own children. And I enjoy watching all the cartoons such as Frosty. When I watch those, it brings back the feelings of Christmas.” said Sarah Maynard, mother of a high schooler, middle schooler, and a 5th grader.

Many people enjoy watching movies and shows from when they were kids, and when they are kids. While it’s nice to be able to record and purchase all these movies and shows, there’s something special about watching them during the holidays, and only the holidays. Especially with family and friends in a dark room with the Christmas tree turned on, and all the outdoor lights too. Hasn’t everyone done it at least once? Everyone deserves to. It is a special feeling that is hard to come by out of the holiday season. Let’s go and enjoy as much of it as we can. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!